20101031

Hamfest Followup - and a Plea.

Well, the Texhoma Hamarama was a blast. Spent basically three days either getting ready for it, attending, or putting things back together. Didn't get the big dollar items sold (still holding out hope for the OK Traders list), but I did clear enough stuff to pay for my admission, the table space I rented, etc.

Additionally, my half.com has been doing pretty good.  There have been a number of their "suggested prices" that have blown me away.  Like $50+ for "The Preppy Handbook"...I mean, DUH?!?  The stupid thing listed NEW for $3.95.  Oh well, such is the fun of seeing what things are worth.  Here's hoping I get closer to the max on these books...it'd be way cool.


In the battle to downsize, I donated most of the "smaller" things (a full van load in itself) from the sale to the local Salvation Army store.  I also gave a van load of computer books and various magazines to the Ardmore Public Library for first, their collection, and if it fails to make the cut, the Friends of the Library sale.


As such, I have a plea to my local friends and readers...go by these places and purchase the stuff, ok?  I really don't want any of it to end up in the landfill, but I fear that is pretty much where most of it will end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment