20130709

$1.32 - So ends eight YEARS of service...

Sucks. I just turned in the last paperwork that will finalize my relationship with my last employer. It was one of those big brown envelopes, stuffed with two copies of the final agreement. Both signed and notarized. I walked it down to the local post office (maybe 5 blocks one way).

$1.32 to mail it.

Doesn't seem like a fitting end to eight plus YEARS of service to an organization really. The hope, the projects, all of the good times. The heart ache, the annoyances, the loss of friends along the way. The big plans I had when I first hired on, hoping to retire there...HERE in my home town. Next door to my parents. Family history and family friends all around.

$1.32.

If it was $0.96, it would have been a penny per month...

No sense to it at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment